Welcome to our Week in Review. Sorry we’re a little late this week–we’ve been busy! Each week, we’ll let you know what we’ve been reading lately, whether it’s super steamy Romance, our latest Young Adult obsession, or anything in between. We’ll tell you what we love and what falls short for us, too. And we’ll recap the Book Tours and Giveaways that are going on, as well as let you know the Book Reviews we’ve posted over the last week, just in case you missed anything. Without further adieu, here’s what we’ve been reading this week:
Sandi: Well, I’ve got a “thing” this weekend (Texas Book Festival! Woohoo!) so I’ve been kind of distracted and not reading about Steamy Guys…until today! Go figure, right? So! I am in the process of meeting a new hero — he’s not entirely human as this is a paranormal romance, but I am not deterred. Terak’s big, protective, and he has wings…! Yes, I confess to a longstanding crush on Goliath of Gargoyles (swoon!) so seeing this gargoyle just made me very happy. The title of this book is Stone Guardians, part of the Entwined Realms series. The author is Danielle Monsch. And! Through Halloween, this book is on sale for $2.99, with part of the proceeds going to charity. Cool deal, no?
Meg: Oooooh! Have fun at the TBF! Can’t wait to see what you pick up! (That was a lot of !!! so you know I’m reeeaaalllly excited for you.)
Betsy: I have been lamest of lame this week in the reading department. I have been working on other people’s unpublished stuff and can’t even talk about it. 😉 I have, however, continued my re-read of the Outlander series. I finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes last night. It’s easy to see why this one won some awards. Along with the continuation of the rock solid romance between Jamie and Claire, this one was packed to the rafters with action, mystery, and some very real steam. Gabaldon has a way of dropping you right in the middle of her character’s heads and hearts, and it makes it very hard to forget long after you’re finished reading. On to the next book, Echo in the Bone tomorrow. Then I have to wait….until March 25th. Wonder how many more times I will read these books before they come out. Hopefully I will come out from under my Outlander coma and read some other books next week.
Meg: This was a good (and super emotional) reading week for me! I read Catching Fire and Mockingjay… finally! Then hours later I started/finished Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I think it’s safe to say that I’ve been on a major emotional book rollercoaster. Next up on my TBR pile is Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. I’m hoping for some swoony boy time, and Katie can definitely deliver in that department!
Kassiah: I loved Pushing the Limits and Dare You To by Katie McGarry, so I’m excited to see what you think about Crash Into You, Meg. And sooooo jealous that you get to go to Texas Book Festival, Sandi!
This week, I feel like I don’t know if I’m coming or going. It was Homecoming Week for my kids’ athletic association so lots to do. Pretty much everything I’ve read has been posted here and will be listed down below. I’m reading Seven Day Fiancé right now and looooove Cane.
Here are the Giveaways We’ve Got Going On Right Now, here and on Swoony Boys Podcast (our sister site):
- Plotting to Win by Tara Chevrestt
- A necklace inspired by the cover of The Temptation of Lila and Ethan by Jessica Sorensen
- Win a Spooky Quartet: Julie Kagawa’s The Eternity Cure, Kate Ellison’s Notes from Ghost Town, Victoria Schwab’s The Archived, and Kami Garcia’s Unbreakable (on Swoony Boys Podcast)
- Signed picture of cover, signed paperback copy of Stripped by Brooklyn Skye, and a $50 gift card to either Amazon or Barnes & Noble
- Tons of awesome prizes to celebrate the October Entangled: Edge titles, including a cameo necklace and $20 gc, a guitar necklace, werewolf earrings and a $25 gc
- The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jenny Lundquist (on Swoony Boys Podcast)
- Interview with Mary Gray, author of The Dollhouse Asylum (On Swoony Boys Podcast)
- Interview with Jenny Lundquist, author of The Princess in the Opal Mask (On Swoony Boys Podcast)
- Unbound by Cara McKenna
- Plotting to Win by Tara Chevrestt
- Fighting for You by Sydney Landon
- Sweet by Erin McCarthy
- Wallflower by Heidi Belleau
- Without You by Brooklyn Skye
- P.O.W. by Max Vos
- Red by Alison Cherry (on Swoony Boys Podcast)
We participated in a few Blog Tours, and we mentioned the book we’re waiting on pins and needles to read: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi. (On Swoony Boys Podcast) ♥
Thanks for stopping by Steamy Guys After Dark. If you haven’t already, you can subscribe to get updates straight to your inbox, and check us out on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. Let us know what you’ve been up to. Read anything good lately?
xo-The Steam Team