Welcome to our first ever Week in Review here on Steamy Guys After Dark. If you already know us, hi! *waves* we missed you! If this is your first time meeting us, hi! Welcome! Thanks for stopping by our site 🙂
Each week, we’ll let you know what we’ve been reading lately, whether it’s super steamy Romance, our latest Young Adult obsession, or anything in between. We’ll tell you what we love and what falls short for us, too. And we’ll recap the Book Tours and Giveaways that are going on, as well as let you know the Book Reviews we’ve posted over the last week, just in case you missed anything. Without further adieu, here’s what we’ve been reading this week:
Sandi: So! I met a new hero this week. His name is Talorc MacKay, and he’s the laird of Clan MacKay, located in the Scots Highlands of the 13th Century. Brought to us by Becca St. John in her story The Handfasting (told in three parts), he’s not one of the irritatingly overbearing alpha males one often encounters in these stories. Having said that, though, I find it helpful to add that he is pretty much the only reason I kept with this one.
MJ: I’m reading Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian, and I really like Ecan. I’m only a few chapters in, but I’ll keep you all posted!
Betsy: I am still immersed in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Currently half way through The Fiery Cross (book 5) and am girding my loins for heartfail. Gah. She is very good at killing you and then raising you from the dead with a giant sigh of relief. It’s the eve of the American Revolution and our hero is trying to walk a fine line between the Loyalists and the burgeoning rebel movement. Shooting for the Starz series just began Monday in Scotland and I CANNOT wait. Because: Jamie Fraser (IMO, the epitome of Steamy Man). That’s all.
Okay *wipes brow* Sorry I am just a ridiculous fangirl when it comes to the above series. I seem to be in the midst of reading several books at once. I started another one called The Last MacKlenna by Katherine Lowry Logan which is set in Scotland at the moment and it’s Christmas. Both main characters are older and wounded, both body and soul. I’m loving the strong attraction and the setting. Plus a hot Scot in a kilt. Hmmm, detecting a bit of a theme here. 🙂 Will let you know what I think when I finish it.
Lest you think I only read historical fiction or fiction of the kilted variety, I am following, with bated breath, the WIP being posted on Wattpad by Ruthie Knox called Truly. She posts every Monday and this week’s chapters were for lack of a better word: Hnnnng. Ben: cranky, quirky bee-keeper, and ex-chef is hotness personified, even when he is being a giant cranky-pants. May, the heroine is adorable. She has just publicly ‘forked’ her NFL quarterback and sort of dumped him on camera. LOL. And the forked is not a pun. You must read this. Ruthie is so fabulous at creating interesting characters and building UST into the stratosphere.
Speaking of guys that make me flail, I read Six Months Later by Natalie Richards earlier this week and OMG you guise. It’s so amazing. Even if you’re not into YA books, you’ll be into Adam Reed. On the Steamy Guy Scale, I read Dirty Trick by Christine Bell last week. We’ll be posting our review for that the week of Halloween, and I’m not sure what to say about it. The story was pretty unbelievable to me, but the MC, Trick, was definitely a hot guy, and I really liked him. Isn’t that usually the way with me? 😛
MsKathy: Oooh, Betsy, that WIP by Ruthie Knox on Wattpad sounds like something I’d love! I’m definitely going to check it out ASAP (which means next October).
I’m making my way through Unbound right now, and not much else with work and life keeping me on my toes.
Kassiah: You really will love Truly, MsKathy. It’s amazing. I haven’t started on Unbound yet, but I will soon. Cara McKenna should be stopping by soon for an interview 🙂
Here are the Giveaways We’ve Got Going On Right Now, here and on Swoony Boys Podcast (our sister site):
- $25 Amazon Gift Card and Paperback Copy of Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Ritchie
- Signed Copy of Florid Eyes by Nicky English
- Endless by Jessica Shirvington (on Swoony Boys Podcast)
- Special signed ARC of Broken by CJ Lyons (on Swoony Boys Podcast)
We didn’t have any interviews here on Steamy Guys After Dark this week, but we did have a few on Swoony Boys Podcast:
- We posted a Review for The Snatchabook, along with a quick Interview with authors Helen and Thomas Docherty. The Snatchabook is a really cute children’s book that moms with young kids will want to check out.
- We got to chat with Jessica Shirvington, author of The Violet Eden Chapters, otherwise known as the Endless Series
- We posted the video Interview that author CJ Lyons did with her niece, who inspired her YA Debut, Broken.
- We posted our first Review here on Steamy Guys After Dark: How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo (5 Stars) ♥
- We Reviewed the first two books in the Addicted Series:
- Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie (3 Stars)
- Ricochet by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie (3-½ Stars)
- The Rule of Thirds by Chantel Guertin, on Swoony Boys Podcast (4-½ Stars)
- Six Months Later by Natalie Richards, on Swoony Boys Podcast (5 Stars)
- The Snatchabook by Helen and Thomas Docherty, on Swoony Boys Podcast (5 Stars)
We participated in a few Blog Tours and posted about some new titles:
- I Stand Before You, the first title in a New Adult Series by SR Grey
- Trafficked by Sophie Hayes, which is about Human Trafficking
- Blog Tour post for Florid Eyes by Nicky English
- We listed our picks for Best/Worst Series Endings on Swoony Boys Podcast
- and we mentioned a book that we’re waiting on pins and needles to read: The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
We’ve got tons planned for next week, including Reviews of Drawn Together (and Interview with author Lauren Dane!), Her Accidental Boyfriend by Robin Bielman, and Plotting to Win by Tara Chevrestt (with Giveaway). On Swoony Boys Podcast, we’ve got a Character Interview with the McAlister twins from Reclaimed by Sarah Guillory, and an awesome Giveaway, too. Lots going on!
Thanks for stopping by Steamy Guys After Dark. If you haven’t already, you can subscribe to get updates straight to your inbox, and check us out on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. Let us know what you’ve been up to. Read anything good lately?
xo-The Steam Team