All month long, we’re featuring some of our favorite authors, along with a quick Q&A and a few fun This or That? questions. We’ve got a big giveaway with lots of chances to win some amazing (and steamy!) reads and other great prizes!
Today author Opal Carew stopped by to chat with us about Big Package!
**Q&A with Opal Carew**
Mary, Did You Know? It almost always makes me cry. After that is A Spaceman Came Travelling (by Chris de Burgh). Then it’s a three-way tie between White Christmas, Santa Baby, and The Twelve Days of Christmas.
Kissing my DH, of course! 😉
Hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows!
I’m definitely A Charlie Brown Christmas. I’ve watched it since I was a kid. I would be a sucker for that poor little Christmas tree, too!
I’m definitely a Santa. I love giving gifts and making people happy!
Coloured lights! I love the elegance of white lights, but for the holiday season, I love red and green lights as trim with white lights draping in cascades to brighten things up.
I love sugar cookies, but if the gingerbread men are hunky looking… 😉
Actually both! When I was a kid, we always opened them on Christmas Eve because often one of my parents had to work on Christmas day. Now, with my own family, we open one gift each on Christmas Eve, then the rest on Christmas morning.
Definitely Christmas party! I love the whole feel of a holiday party. Apple cider, wine, tasty treats, Christmas music playing in the background. And great conversation with close friends and those that we only connect with once a year.
Out of the characters in your book, who is most likely to:
Kalen from Big Package would definitely shake the presents! At one point in the book, on Christmas Eve, Kalen is trying to talk Holly into opening a present:
“Were you one of those kids who drove your parents crazy on Christmas Eve?” Holly asked, “Because you’re definitely driving me nuts.”
Kalen grinned. “I may have been a bit pushy. But what can I say, it’s Christmas.” He leaned forward. “Throw me a bone.”
The glittering anticipation in his eyes made her laugh.
“Fine, go get it.”
-get drunk on Christmas Eve?
Ordinarily, June, Holly’s sister in Big Package might get a bit tipsy on wine. But not this year. 🙂
-eat the cookies left for Santa?
Tom, Holly’s brother-in-law in Big Package, would probably be all over those cookies!
-kiss Santa Claus?
This year, Holly’s Santa Claus in my book Big Package is sexy Kalen, the football jock she fantasized about in high school, who offers her a ride to her sister’s when she’s banned from the bus because of a very big package wrapped in paper with elves doing very naughty things. When they get stranded in a cabin overnight because of a blizzard, Holly does more than just kiss Santa on Christmas Eve!
-steal the sleigh?
That would be Darlene, the ex-girlfriend in Big Package.
-Make snow angels … naked ;)?
Kalen from Big Package would, and while they’re stuck in the cabin all alone, he would probably be able to talk Holly into it, too.
**About Opal Carew**
As a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of erotic contemporary romance, Opal Carew writes about passion, love, and taking risks. Her heroines follow their hearts and push past the fear that stops them from realizing their dreams… to the excitement and love of happily-ever-after.
Opal loves nail polish, cats, crystals, dragons, feathers, pink hair, the occult, Manga artwork, Zentangle, and all that glitters. She earned a degree in Mathematics from the University of Waterloo, and spent 15 years as a software analyst before turning to her passion as a writer. She grew up in Toronto, and now lives in Ottawa with her husband, huge nail polish collection, and five cats. One of her sons just finished his second Masters degree in Geopolitics (first at Sussex University in the UK and second at Carleton University in Ottawa.) The other son has an undergraduate degree from Carleton University and is now working at Apple. Yes, mom is proud!
Find Opal Here: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
**About Big Package**Big Package by Opal Carew
Also by this author: His to Possess, No Strings, Savage Kiss, Rock Hard, Wild Ones, Breaking Storm, Perfect Rhythm, Hard Ride #1, Hard Ride #2, Hard Ride #3, Meat
Published by SMP Swerve on October 25th 2016
Genres: Christmas, Contemporary Romance, Erotica, One Night to More, Second Chance Romance
Goodreads Buy the Book
Baby it’s cold outside…but things are about to heat up.
I missed the last bus to my sister’s for Christmas, and now I'm stranded in a bus station—in the middle of a blizzard—with a giant package covered in naughty wrapping paper.
Then he shows up: Kalen Welles, the football star from my high school fantasies—and offers me a ride.
Just when the car is getting cozy, the roads get shut down due to snow.
Luckily there’s a nearby cabin where we can hole up for the night.
A warm fireplace, cozy blankets, pent-up longing we both spent years ignoring… maybe I’ll be able to unwrap Kalen's big package before Christmas morning.
But when the snow clears and the ice melts, will the former football star and the shy nerd finally get a happy ending?
Unwrap this sexy holiday story from Opal Carew!
Enter the rafflecopter below to win some fabulous prizes, including a $25 Amazon Gift Card from Pretty Sassy Cool!:
- EVERYONE’S A WINNER! Just sign up here and get 10 Steamy Holiday Stories, including one from author Opal Carew!
- Winner’s choice of any ebook from Amy Jo Cousins’s backlist
- an ebook copy of Candy Cane Christmas from author Laura Trentham
- A literary infinity scarf and buckle bracelet from author Lori Wilde
- A signed paperback (of any book) or a free ebook of Christmas on the Last Frontier from author J.H. Croix
- One of (3) $10 Amazon gift cards from author Jennifer Ryan
- a $5 Amazon gift card from author Robin Bielman
- a copy of Three Christmas Wishes from author Sheila Roberts
- a $10 Amazon gift card from author Daire St. Denis
- Print copies of One Night Charmer, Tough Luck Hero, and Last Chance by Maisey Yates
- a $10 Amazon gift card from author Charlie Cochet
- Christmas jewelry from author Jennifer Conner
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
***Don’t Miss Our Other Countdown to Christmas Posts:***
- Dec 5 — Amy Jo Cousins, author of Glass Tidings
- Dec 6 — Tiffany Reisz, author of One Hot December
- Dec 7 — Laura Trentham, author of Candy Cane Christmas
- Dec 8 — M. Leighton, author of Dashing Through the Snow
- Dec 9 — Lori Wilde, author of A Wedding for Christmas
- Dec 10 — J.H. Croix, author of Christmas on the Last Frontier
- Dec 11 — Heidi Cullinan, author of Santa Baby
- Dec 12 — Cindy Skaggs, author of An Untouchable Christmas
- Dec 13 — Jennifer Ryan, author of Close to Perfect
- Dec 14 — Tara Wyatt, author of When Snowflakes Fall
- Dec 15 — Amy Lane, author of Freckles
- Dec 16 — Daire St. Denis, author of A Christmas Seduction
- Dec 17 — Robin Bielman, author of Once Upon a Royal Christmas
- Dec 18 — Sheila Roberts, author of Three Christmas Wishes
- Dec 19 — Maisey Yates, author of Snowed in at Copper Ridge
- Dec 20 — Debbie Mason, author of Mistletoe Cottage
- Dec 21 — Charlie Cochet, author of Disarming Donner
- Dec 22 — Annie Rains, author of Welcome Home for Christmas
- Dec 23 — Opal Carew, author of Big Package
- Dec 24 — Samantha Chase, author of Mistletoe Between Friends/Snowflake Inn
- Dec 25 — Jennifer Conner, author of A Home for Christmas