We’ve already shared an awesome excerpt of A Fine Mess by Kelly Siskind with you. Today, we had Kelly stop by to give us her Top 5 Literary Couples! We’ve also got another excerpt to share. Trust, ya’ll want to grab this book when it’s available later this week. Let’s get right to Kelly’s Favorite Couples!
***Kelly Siskind’s Top 5 Literary Couples***
Asking a romance reader to name her favorite literary couples is like asking a gambling addict to only play five hands. I will, however, give it my best shot.
- Fifth place goes to Tate and Miles in Colleen Hoover’s Ugly Love. This story broke my heart, but it was the couple and their undeniable connection that kept me riveted. My heart went “Boom Clap” for the majority of the book.
- Hanna and Will from Christina Lauren’s Beautiful Player claim my fourth spot. I love the older-brother’s-friend trope, and this book nailed it. It was light and fun, and Hanna and Will gave good banter. They also scorched the pages.
- In third place are Drew and Kate from Emma Chase’s Tangled. If I’m honest, it’s because I fell hard for Drew Evans. Irreverent and cocky, he’s one of my all-time favorite heroes, and he met his match in Kate. The two had chemistry for days.
- Claiming second place are Simon and his partner (no spoilers here) in Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. These two tugged at my heartstrings. It was a book that made me squee, and they were a couple that had me rooting for them from page one.
- Abby and Travis from Beautiful Disaster land in my top spot. This was the first official romance novel I ever read, which means these characters left their mark. I love me a bad boy, and Travis is certainly that. Theirs is a romance full of angst, and I fell in love right along with them.
Ahhhh! Isn’t this list awesome?!? We this list!
***About Kelly Siskind***
A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in Northern Ontario. When she’s not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head.
She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings-Gummy Bears heal all. She’s also an incurable romantic, devouring romance novels into the wee hours of the morning.
***About the Book***A Fine Mess by Kelly Siskind
Series: Over the Top #2
Published by Forever on August 2, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Opposites Attract, Player Falls in Love
Goodreads Buy the Book
Some guys should come with a warning label . . .
Sawyer West is Mr. One-Night Stand. He doesn't do relationships or promises or feelings. He's never cared enough to get involved. Until Lily Roberts. She's sweet and shy and sexy as sin, and resisting her is testing his self-control. She believes Sawyer can be a better man, and for the first time in his life, he wants to be. But change isn't easy, and Sawyer would do anything to protect Lily from his past self. Even break his own heart . . .
She holds up her new treasure. “Found a good one.” The blue stone in the center of the ring catches the light of a nearby lamp, the thick band decorated with filigree.
“Okay,” I say. “You first.”
She swallows and peeks at me from below her lashes. “There was this man.” Another swallow. “He was a soldier about to be shipped off to war.” She scrapes her teeth over her bottom lip. “He bought this ring but didn’t propose to his girl before he left. He was afraid. He didn’t think he’d do right by her. But he held on to it during every battle, and every horrible night. When he got home and realized he was being foolish”—she looks at me with glassy eyes—“the girl had fallen for someone else.”
Single Lily fights dirty.
Keep Reading the Excerpt for A Fine Mess
Keep Reading the Excerpt for A Fine Mess
My pulse kicks up a notch as I approach her. I stop a foot away and hold out my hand. “The ring, please.”
Trembling slightly, she places it in my palm, her fingers grazing my skin.
“A man,” I say, turning the band over, “proposed to the girl of his dreams with this ring.” I step closer. “He worshipped her. I mean, she was hot as fuck”—eye roll numero cinco—“but they were meant to be, like real soul mates. Then the unthinkable happened.” I shift my feet until there’s barely an inch between us.
Self-control at DEFCON 2.
“What happened?” she whispers.
I grin. “A car fell on her. Freak accident. Dropped from the second story of a parking garage. Nasty mess.” I grab her hand and place the ring on her finger as she mumbles something about my maturity. I knock her toe with mine. “Quiet. I’m not done.” Numero seis. I clear my throat. “Although the man loved his wife more than anything, he pawned the ring. He knew it was special. He hoped the next person to buy it could be as lucky in love as he was.”
That stops the eye rolls.
She looks at the ring, then at me, then back and forth again.
Her lips part. Her chest rises.
Sirens ring: DEFCON 1.
I’m a thrill seeker. Cliff jumping, fast cars, steep slopes—you name it, I love it. The adrenaline rush gives me Spidey-sense, and my pulse shoots from one hundred to 220 in ten seconds flat.
Leaning in to kiss Lily is like skydiving without a chute.
I don’t give her time to turn me down, not a moment for either of us to overthink. Heart in my throat, I taste her lips. Yep, strawberry. She’s soft and tentative, then eager, a whimper escaping when our tongues swipe. I grip her harder and walk until I have her pressed against a table. She tugs my hair. I grab her ass. The next whimper is louder, the sound shredding what’s left of my self-control. I need to hear what other sounds she makes, need to hear her fall apart. Will she chant my name or pray to her maker? Will she scream or groan? Our mouths move faster, hands greedier, my jeans barely containing me. If I don’t stop soon, we’ll be giving these antiques enough stories for another century.
By the time I pull away, she’s swallowed my heart.
What do you think, Pretties? Who is YOUR favorite Literary Couple? How excited are you for A Fine Mess?!